Free School Meals/Clothing Grants 2019/20
Applications for Free School Meals/Clothing Grants 2019/20
Children in P1-P3 receive free school meals.
Applications for free school meals/clothing grants must be renewed annually. Free school meal claims will not be backdated and entitlement will start from the date applications are processed by Education & Children's Services.
If your child is in P4 or above, you can claim free school meals and a school clothing grant for your child(ren) if you are receiving:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income based Job Seeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105.
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is less than £6,900
- If you are between 16 and 18 years old and receive any of these benefits in your own right, you can claim free school meals for yourself.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £610
For more information on Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit visit the Inland Revenue website.
How do I apply for free school meals and a school clothing grant?
Apply online on the PKC website, MyPKC.
Alternatively, application forms are available from any Perth & Kinross Council school or from Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth.
Supporting evidence from Jobcentre Plus must be dated within 6 weeks of the date of your claim and Tax Credit Award Notices (TC602) must relate to financial year 2019/2020.
A photograph of your evidence taken from your smart phone is acceptable.
If you submit an application form for the start of session 2019/2020 and have not received a response by Monday 12 August 2019, please contact the Council at email@example.com or on 01738 476200.