Pitlochry High School

R e s p e c t
Life at Pitlochry High School Life at Pitlochry High School Life at Pitlochry High School Life at Pitlochry High School Life at Pitlochry High School


For detailed information and application forms from Perth & Kinross Council please go to the Council's website by following this link - Schools transport and trips.

Each year in the summer term, parents/carers are advised of the conditions entitling pupils to free transport and can now apply for school transport online via My PKC.  Bus Passes will be issued on the first day of the new session, or on application for pupils joining during the school year.  The preferred method of application is online, however forms are also available from the school office.  Any pupil who loses a Bus Pass will be given a new one on application, with payment of £5.00, to Perth & Kinross Council through My PKC. Pupils may ask at the school office for a letter stating that a new bus pass has been requested, however fares may have to be paid until a replacement Pass is issued.  

Application  forms and further information are available to download below.

Transport Arrangements - Primary

Pupils to the north requiring transport are conveyed as appropriate by the service buses from Struan and Kinloch Rannoch. Pupils on the Cluniemore side of the river and pupils in the high drive/East Haugh area are uplifted and returned each day by taxi, bus or mini-bus. 

All afternoon transport leaves at 3.30pm. 

Transport Arrangements – Secondary

A school bus starting from Struan serves most pupils in the northern part of the School’s catchment area. Vehicles bringing pupils from areas off the main north road connect with the main bus at Struan and Blair Atholl.

Pupils from Tummel-side travel on the Kinloch Rannoch service bus. Pupils from Ballinluig travel on the Perth service bus. Pupils living on the other side of the Tummel and pupils living in the Edradour/High Drive area as well as Kindallachan and Tulliemet/ Dalcapon are able to share taxi and minibus transport with pupils in the Primary School.

All afternoon transport leaves at 3.30pm.

Pupil Changing Home Address

If a pupil, who receives free transport, changes home address the parent/guardian must submit a new transport application form for the new home address.

 If a pupil changes home address and either no longer requires or is no longer entitled to free school transport, the parent/guardian must return the scholar’s travel pass to the school. Failure to return the pass to the school may result in charge being made.

Code of Conduct Booklets

Education Transport: Code of Conduct booklets, published by the PTU, have been issued to all transport providers, who are required to ensure that all their operational staff are duly briefed on ‘best practice’ in the delivery of education transport.

 A PDF version of the Education Transport: Code of Conduct booklet is also available on the Council’s website (http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/17284/Schools-transport-and-trips).

CCTV on School Buses

CCTV will be operational on a number of education transport contracts and local bus services serving schools.  Use of CCTV is governed by a Council protocol and senior staff at appropriate schools have signed the protocol so that, if necessary, they can view recorded material which may assist the investigation of incidents on school buses. During last academic session, there were a number of occasions when CCTV was found to be helpful to school staff in this way.

After the new academic session has started, schools who have signed up to the protocol will be sent a list of their nominated staff and invited to check this over for update as appropriate.

Home to School Transport Entitlement.pdf

Supplementary Application Form ST02.pdf

Transport Application Form ST01.pdf

Travelling to School 2017.pdf