Career Support at Pitlochry High School
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is the national skills body delivering Scotland’s career service. Their Careers Advisers deliver career information, advice and guidance to pupils from S1-S6.
Careers Advisers are there to help our pupils understand the world of work and to develop the Career Management Skills they need as they move through school.
Our school Careers Adviser is Trisha Wood. Pupils will meet Trisha in their classes in a group activity, at a careers event, or at a one-to-one appointment.
Parents can make an appointment with Trisha at Parent’s Evenings or can contact the school to arrange a meeting.
Trisha will support pupils with the following:
• Finding out about yourself, your strengths and skills
• Making subject choices
• Different types of careers and how to research them
• Developing the types of skills that are useful in a job
• Routes into careers, including apprenticeships
• Building and developing your networks
• Creating CVs
• Making applications and applying for courses.
Parents and pupils can also the SDS online service, My World of Work.
Beyond school, Careers Advisers operate from a network of SDS centres and community locations nationwide, offering expert support to customers of all ages.
You can find your nearest centre at myworldofwork.co.uk/centres.
Find out more about our services at skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk.