There are a selection of field trips that typically take place from S1 to S4 in Geography, History and Modern Studies.
- Visit to Moulin Heritage Centre to investigate continuity and change in the local area.
- Combined with the John Muir Award pupils explore physical features on the River Tummel as well as exploring local archaeological sites and heritage.
- Trip to Culloden to study the battle and link in with the Explorer Level for John Muir Award.
- Visit to Balhousie Care Home to explore meeting the needs of all citizens.
- Fieldwork looking at architecture and workplaces to explore Pitlochry old and new.
- Visit to Scottish Parliament to see our democratic process in action.
- River Study as part of their Geography National 4 Added Value and National 5 Assignment. Pupils conduct extensive field work in Glen Shee to compare a river it to the Bradshaw River Model.
- Urban field trip. The pupils visit Glasgow and travel a transect line through the city from the CBD, through the inner city and suburbs to the new industrial zone on the outskirts of the city.
- History trip to Newtonmore Highland Folk Museum as part of the Migration and Empire Unit.
- Modern Studies visit to Perth Sheriff Court as part of their Crime unit.